Covid-19 Secure English Classes
COVID-19: WHAT HAS HAPPENED SO FAR?
Although the school had to temporarily close its doors in March 2020 due to national COVID-19 restrictions, we did not stop operating.
Soon after the first national lockdown was announced, we switched to teaching online. Our teachers adapted very quickly and delivered high quality and engaging lessons.
Parallel to setting up the online classes, we worked very hard preparing and getting ready behind the scenes, speaking with colleagues across the world, reading national and international guidelines, liaising with host families/ accommodation providers and continually training our staff to ensure that we can safely welcome our students and staff back to our premises and accommodation.
Once all safety measures were in place, we reopened our school:
We launched the Bespoke Discover London course for individuals and small groups on 10th August 2020.
Our face to face group classes started again on 7th September 2020 and have been running very successfully ever since.
We have already welcomed many old and new students to our school in London and we look forward to meeting many more.
STUDENT SAFETY IN OUR SCHOOL
The safety and well being of our students has always been at the forefront of our school ethos. Therefore we have complied with government regulations and made the school COVID-19 secure.
The situation with COVID-19 is continuously evolving so we will be checking daily for the latest advice from UK Government and Public Health England and will make any necessary changes to our policies
|Our commitment remains the same!||Our dedication is unchanged!||Our promise extended!|
Before we reopened, we worked very hard preparing and getting ready behind the scenes, speaking with colleagues across the world, reading national and international guidelines, liaising with host families and continually training our staff to ensure that we could safely welcome our students and staff back to our premises and accommodations.
If you have always dreamed of coming to London, Lexis School of English will be ready for you and you can be assured that your health and well-being is as high a priority as your academic success!
STUDENT SAFETY BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- You will receive updated guidelines. We are aware that COVID-19 guidelines will constantly change and update, therefore we will review and adapt our own guidelines accordingly.
- You will have your school induction via Zoom prior to your arrival
- Your safety briefing will also be via Zoom prior to your arrival
STUDENT SAFETY ON ARRIVAL
We can organise safe airport transfers to take you to your accommodation. All vehicles are sanitised. The driver will wear a facemask and will have received COVID-19 health and safety training.
STUDENT SAFETY AT THE SCHOOL
- Every day we will take your temperature, using a non-contact infrared thermometer
- You will be asked to wash your hands as soon as you arrive
- Hand sanitisers are on every floor of the school
- We will provide a facemask and gloves on arrival
- All measures are for students and staff alike
Other safety measures we are taking:
- Smaller class sizes
- Blended learning opportunities
- Social distancing
- Increased welfare support
- Health advice
- A strict cleaning regime
- PPE equipment (if and when necessary)
NOT SURE IF YOU SHOULD BOOK A COURSE WITH US?
- Do you want to travel and fulfill a dream but the situation has left you afraid and indecisive?
- Are you scared to lose your money in case you have to cancel or postpone at the last minute?
- Are you asking yourself if your money will be refunded or if you have to pay a penalty fee for cancelling?
|OUR PROMISE !|
|Be assured that here at Lexis School of English, you will be treated fairly.|
|We guarantee a 100% refund for cancellations made up to 7 days before the course start date.|
|No penalties & no questions asked.|
COVID-19 RELATED CHANGES TO OUR T & Cs
POSTPONING YOUR COURSE
- Transfer your courses online. No extra fees!
- A course postponement valid for 2 years from the course start date.
- Transfer the remaining course to a family member. This is valid for 2 years from the course start date
CANCELLING YOUR COURSE
- Students may cancel up to 7 days before the course start date and will receive a full refund (less any bank charges that may apply)
- Students may choose to postpone or freeze their course for up to 2 years !
- If the cancellation is 7 days or less, the student will be given a credit voucher valid for 2 years from the course start date
BOOKING YOUR COURSE
- Please contact the school to make a booking. We look forward to welcoming you to Lexis School of English in London.
- If you are one of our agent partners, please contact the school office and we will put you in touch with our in house representative.
* Courses are subject to availability
OUR SCHOOL HAS BEEN AWARDED THE "WE ARE GOOD TO GO" INDUSTRY-STANDARD FROM VISIT BRITAIN
This means we have put all the UK Government & English UK safety recommendations in place and we’re ready for our first students!
On Monday 10th August we launched our Bespoke Discover London courses. These courses are ideal for:
- One-to-one bespoke courses
- Small groups of 2, 3, 4 or 5 students
Risk assessments are in place as well as a vigorous cleaning schedule and social distancing throughout our school and in our student's accommodation.
Here are some of the measures taken:
- Daily cleaning and disinfecting
- Hand sanitiser at each entrance/exit and around the building
- Social distancing signposts and markings throughout the building, wherever applicable
For the latest updates:http://maxemail.visitbritain.com/rsps/m/5Wl6LMcUEbBt7ZKy8apirZAlH7L53xYvbtbghC0-Cks
Coronavirus (COVID-19): travel corridors
The link shows the list of countries and territories from where you can travel to England and may not have to self-isolate.
The UK government has announced that from the 10th July 2020, you will not need to self-isolate when you arrive in England if you:
- are travelling from one of the countries listed below
- have not visited or stopped in a country not on the exemption list in the 14 days prior to your arrival in England
When would you need to self-isolate?
- If you are in a country that is not on the list below!
- You travel to a country that is on the list and you stay there for 4 days from the day after you arrive. You then travel to England.
Why do you have to isolate?
This is because it can take up to 14 days for coronavirus symptoms to appear. If you’re travelling to the UK for less than 14 days, you will be expected to self-isolate for the length of your stay.
For full up to date information please visit the UK government's dedicated https://bit.ly/34c1pLL
Coronavirus (COVID-19): safer air travel for passengers
How to travel safely in airports and on aircraft during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak: https://bit.ly/3nkTqU8
The United Kingdom exited the European Union on 31 January 2020.
EU and non-EU citizens will be treated equally.
- Please check here for the government's policy statement .
- Here you can read information for EU Citizens and a guide to verify your identity when you plan to travel to the UK.
- You can apply for a Student visa to study in the UK - Student visa.
- You can come to the UK as a Standard Visitor - Standard Visitor visa.
EU citizens already living in the UK
If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen living in the UK by 31 December 2020, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021. The deadline for applying is 30 June 2021. It’s free to apply to the scheme.