Covid-19 Secure English Classes
Due to COVID-19 UK government regulations and after close consultation with our team, English UK and associates, our usual Summer English programmes did not run in 2020 as originally planned.
WHAT HAS HAPPENED SO FAR?
Although the school had to close its doors due to national COVID-19 restrictions, we did not stop operating.
Soon after the national lockdown, we switched to teaching online. Our teachers adapted very quickly and are delivering high quality lessons.
Parallel to setting up the online classes, we have been working very hard preparing and getting ready behind the scenes, speaking with colleagues across the world, reading national and international guidelines, liaising with host families/ accommodation providers and continually training our staff to ensure that we can safely welcome our students and staff back to our premises and accommodation.
The wait has finally come to an end!
All safety measures are in place!
We started our Bespoke Discover London course for individuals and small groups on 10th August 2020
Our face to face group classes started again on 7th September 2020.
We have already welcomed many old and new students to our school in London and we look forward to meeting many more.
STUDENT SAFETY IN OUR SCHOOL
The safety and well being of our students has always been at the forefront of our school ethos. Therefore we have complied with government regulations and made the school COVID-19 secure.
The situation with COVID-19 is continuously evolving so we will be checking daily for the latest advice from UK Government and Public Health England and will make any necessary changes to our policies
|Our commitment remains the same!||Our dedication is unchanged!||Our promise extended!|
Before we reopened, we worked very hard preparing and getting ready behind the scenes, speaking with colleagues across the world, reading national and international guidelines, liaising with host families and continually training our staff to ensure that we could safely welcome our students and staff back to our premises and accommodations.
If you have always dreamed of coming to London, Lexis School of English will be ready for you and you can be assured that your health and well-being is as high a priority as your academic success!
STUDENT SAFETY BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- You will receive updated guidelines. We are aware that COVID-19 guidelines will constantly change and update, therefore we will review and adapt our own guidelines accordingly.
- You will have your school induction via Zoom prior to your arrival
- Your safety briefing will also be via Zoom prior to your arrival
STUDENT SAFETY ON ARRIVAL
We can organise safe airport transfers to take you to your accommodation. All vehicles are sanitised. The driver will wear a facemask and will have received COVID-19 health and safety training.
STUDENT SAFETY AT THE SCHOOL
- Every day we will take your temperature, using a non-contact infrared thermometer
- You will be asked to wash your hands as soon as you arrive
- Hand sanitisers are on every floor of the school
- We will provide a facemask and gloves on arrival
- All measures are for students and staff alike
Other safety measures we are taking:
- Smaller class sizes
- Blended learning opportunities
- Social distancing
- Increased welfare support
- Health advice
- A strict cleaning regime
- PPE equipment (if and when necessary)
NOT SURE IF YOU SHOULD BOOK A COURSE WITH US?
- Do you want to travel and fulfill a dream but the situation has left you afraid and indecisive?
- Are you scared to lose your money in case you have to cancel or postpone at the last minute?
- Are you asking yourself if your money will be refunded or if you have to pay a penalty fee for cancelling?
|OUR PROMISE !|
|Be assured that here at Lexis School of English, you will be treated fairly.|
|We guarantee a 100% refund for cancellations made up to 7 days before the course start date.|
|No penalties & no questions asked.|
COVID-19 RELATED CHANGES TO OUR T & Cs
POSTPONING YOUR COURSE
- Transfer your courses online. No extra fees!
- A course postponement valid for 2 years from the course start date.
- Transfer the remaining course to a family member. This is valid for 2 years from the course start date
CANCELLING YOUR COURSE
- Students may cancel up to 7 days before the course start date and will receive a full refund (less any bank charges that may apply)
- Students may choose to postpone or freeze their course for up to 2 years !
- If the cancellation is 7 days or less, the student will be given a credit voucher valid for 2 years from the course start date
BOOKING YOUR COURSE
- Please contact the school to make a booking. We look forward to welcoming you to Lexis School of English in London.
- If you are one of our agent partners, please contact the school office and we will put you in touch with our in house representative.
* Courses are subject to availability
OUR SCHOOL HAS BEEN AWARDED THE "WE ARE GOOD TO GO" INDUSTRY-STANDARD FROM VISIT BRITAIN
This means we have put all the UK Government & English UK safety recommendations in place and we’re ready for our first students!
We are re-opening on Monday 10th August for our Bespoke Discover London courses. These courses are ideal for:
- One-to-one bespoke courses
- Small groups of 2, 3, 4 or 5 students
Risk assessments are in place as well as a vigorous cleaning schedule and social distancing throughout our school and in our student's accommodation.
Here are some of the measures taken:
- Daily cleaning and disinfecting
- Hand sanitiser at each entrance/exit and around the building
- Social distancing signposts and markings throughout the building, wherever applicable