3rd September 2020
FACE TO FACE CLASSES ARE STARTING AGAIN!
We are delighted to announce that we will be starting face to face lessons again in our school building from Monday 7th September.
For details about how we are making Lexis Covid secure, please read the FAQs post in this blog and click on the following link:
Class sizes are strictly limited, so don't delay. Book your course now to guarantee your place and avoid disappointment!
10th August 2020
BESPOKE DISCOVER LONDON COURSE - NOW RUNNING!
Our Bespoke Discover London programme is ideal for one-to-one courses and small groups (2-5 Students) and allows you to have a unique personal learning experience with Lexis School of English in London, created just for you.
There is a daily programme of morning, afternoon and some evening activities included in the package. You will learn and improve your English whilst exploring London during the week and will have the opportunity to visit other UK cities at the weekend.
Your very own tutor will accompany you and guide you throughout this Bespoke Discover London programme.
The Bespoke Discover London Course is available from today, 10th August.
For more information or to book your course, please click on the link below:
Last Updated 16th September 2020
LEXIS REOPENING - FAQs
Please note: These FAQs will be updated as necessary. At all times we will follow the latest advice from UK Government and Public Health England:
As we mentioned in our previous blog entry, we have been busy getting ready to welcome students and staff back to Lexis. Now we are delighted to announce that we will be reopening our school very soon. For more information, read on!
1. When will Lexis School of English reopen for face-to-face classes?
We are reopening in two phases.
Phase 1 – From Monday 10 August 2020 we will reopen the school to 1-1 students and small groups, with our Bespoke Discover London courses. For more details, please click on the following link:
Phase 2 – From Monday 7th September we will reopen for face-to-face group lessons.
2. Can I book classes before 10th August?
Yes, of course!
Our school building has been closed since 20th March 2020 in line with government / English UK advice. However, since 20th April, we have been running online lessons., which have been highly successful. Students who never experienced online learning before have commented on the fact that it has been a very positive experience.
To find out more about our online classes, click here:
3. How will you make sure that learning English is a safe and secure experience for everybody?
The situation with COVID-19 is continuously evolving. Therefore we will be checking daily for the latest advice from UK Government and Public Health England and will make any necessary changes to our policies.
We take the safety of our staff, students, partners and visitors very seriously and we have introduced a number of measures to ensure we create a secure learning environment. All our actions are guided by the latest English UK and UK Government advice.
- Smaller class sizes – Maximum 10 students in order to comply with social distancing guidelines.
- Social distancing throughout the school – at least 1 metre, plus additional measures. Floor markings, poster and signs will help show the required distance.
- No mixing with other classes. Students will stay with their class in their classroom.
- Classrooms will be separate from each other e.g. on separate floors of the building.
- Only one teacher will be allocated to each class.
- During breaktime, students will either stay in their classroom or may leave the building, providing they maintain social distancing on the stairs and remember to sanitise their hands upon re-entry.
- Hand sanitising stations throughout the school. Everyone must wash / sanitise their hands upon entering the building and at regular intervals while on the school premises.
- Only one person may use the stairs at a time to avoid crossing and unnecessary contact.
- To aid ventilation, windows and doors will be left open as much as possible. Fans will also be used in hot weather.
- Classrooms will be thoroughly cleaned at the end of each day.
- Toilets will be cleaned regularly throughout the day.
- Where possible, digital materials will be used instead of handouts.
- Students will have their own copy of the course book and this will not be shared with others.
- Where possible, we will operate a ‘virtual’ reception. Students will be encouraged to email any requests or arrange an online meeting via Skype or Zoom.
- If students need to speak face-to-face with reception, they must book an appointment. Only one student at a time will be allowed in the reception area.
- Everybody (students and teachers) must wear a face covering from the moment they arrive at the school until they leave, apart from when they are in their classroom.
4. What will happen before I arrive?
When you book your course, you will complete our online registration process . This means that we will already have all the necessary contact information we require, such as your contact details in your country and the UK, your UK address and your travel arrangements (if applicable).
5. Will I have to quarantine when I arrive in the UK?
On 10th July 2020 the UK government published a list of countries and territories from where you can travel to England and may not have to self-isolate.
For more information, including what to do if you need to self-isolate, please click on the link below.
6. Do I need to bring anything?
Wearing face coverings is now mandatory on public transport and in shops in England.
We recommend bringing at least a week’s supply of face coverings and hand sanitiser with you. If you require more, these can be bought here in London. Home-made face coverings are acceptable, as long as they completely cover your nose and mouth. Face coverings / masks are only effective for up to 4hours, so if you need to wear one for longer periods, you will need to carry 2 or 3 with you and change as necessary.
For your classes, you will need to bring enough pens, pencils, paper and any other stationery items you want to use as you will not be able to share another student's stationery.
7. What will happen if I have to cancel or postpone my course at the last minute?
You may now cancel up to 7 days before your course start date and you will receive a full refund.
You may postpone your course for up to 2 years.
So you can now book with confidence!
8. How can I get to and from the airport safely?
We can organise safe airport transfers to take you to your accommodation. All vehicles are sanitised. The driver will wear a facemask and will have received COVID-19 health and safety training.
9. What if somebody gets COVID-19 after the school has reopened?
If this happens, we may need to close the school for up to 2 days for deep cleaning. Any lessons you have during this time will either take place online or will be added to the end of your course (at our discretion).
If you feel unwell and suspect you have COVID-19 symptoms, you must tell us immediately if you are on site or call the school.
If you are at school, we will send you home.
You will need to self-isolate for a minimum of 7 days. Your host family or other people in your accommodation will also need to self-isolate for 14 days. The school will keep in regular contact with you to check you are well and have everything you need. You can also contact the school at any time if you need to.
10. What will happen if the school has to close for a long period?
If the government orders schools to close again, you will not lose any lessons. You can either transfer your course online or freeze your course.
11. Help! My question isn’t answered here!
Don’t worry, you are welcome to ask us any other questions you may have by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
22nd June 2020
GETTING READY TO WELCOME YOU BACK
Since March our school has been closed for face-to-face lessons. During that time we have been running online classes which have been very successful.
Now, the news is that we are moving towards re-opening the school building. We know how important it is for you to study in a safe learning environment and we have been working hard to make sure that Lexis is just that.
More details to follow, so watch this space .....
20th April 2020
LEARN ENGLISH ONLINE WITH LEXIS
Looking to learn English while you're at home? Here at Lexis School of English we now offer online English courses; Virtual, interactive live classes blended with our self-access online learning platform.
Our Virtual Classroom is powered by Zoom conferencing technology. Our experienced teachers use effective online teaching methods with a variety of purpose-built online teaching platforms and also PowerPoint presentations, video clips, customised teaching materials, course books and authentic supplementary materials.
20th March 2020
As all of our thoughts are on the COVID-19 situation which is evolving rapidly, we wanted to share an update on how we are responding.
Keeping our students and employees safe is our most important priority, so we have decided to close our building for the foreseeable future. All our office phones have been redirected and we are monitoring our emails regularly.
We will continue to regularly assess this developing situation and follow directives from the Government & Public Health England. Rest assured that we are taking every precaution and do our utmost to ensure our staff, families and students are safe.
We are currently offering online English courses; Virtual, interactive live classes blended with our self-access online learning platform. Our online programme delivers high-quality face-to-face interactive online courses. We have always striven to give our students confidence in their learning and focused on our student’s goals. We proudly provide high-quality teaching in a student focused and supportive environment. For any enquiries regarding our virtual courses, please contact us.
We hope everyone stays safe during this time. As we go forward, we'll be sure to keep you updated.
21st February 2020
LEXIS IS NOW A MEMBER OF ENGLISH UK
We are delighted that Lexis School of English has become a member of English UK, the national association of English language centres in the United Kingdom and the voice of the ELT sector. In all, there are over 400 members.
Membership is open to all British Council accredited schools, so for us it was the natural next step after becoming accredited in December 2019.
For our students, it gives them further confidence that we are in the best position to help them achieve their English language learning goals.
12th December 2019
LEXIS IS NOW A BRITISH COUNCIL ACCREDITED SCHOOL
We are thrilled to announce that our school is accredited by the British Council and English UK.
Lexis has always striven to give its students confidence in their learning and focused on their student’s goals. We proudly provide high-quality teaching in a student focused and supportive environment. Having this accreditation:
- Assures quality to international students;
- Indicates that our teachers are experienced and fully qualified;
- Allows us to offer student visas;
Demonstrates that we have met or exceeded the agreed quality standards in management, resources and environment, teaching, and welfare and care of under 18s.