Dedicated to you


Which visa is required? (Source: English UK)

Everyone is allowed to study in the UK for up to six months as a visitor. This means many students can study without a visa and some nationalities need to apply for a Standard Visitor visa. For courses longer than six months, all international students need to apply for a visa before travel.

There are two visas available to students:

  • Short-term study visa: The Short-term study visa allows students to study a English language course for between six and eleven months.
  • Student visa: If the study programme includes other subjects or if the student plans to study for longer than 11 months, a Student visa is required.
Lexis School of English