English Courses in London (Year Round)
These English classes are bespoke, tailor made classes for students who need to focus on particular or specific areas. You will have the opportunity to practise and concentrate on any aspect of language learning you choose, such as English for Business*, English for Medicine*, English for Hospitality and Tourism*, English for Academic Purposes*.
Studying Private English at Lexis in London will help you learn more about the world. Making friends from other countries, understanding new cultures and learning English will give you many opportunities, enrich your life and ultimately make the world more peaceful and productive.
* Can be arranged on demand
Private English Classes
Book this course
||Beginners to Advanced
||Mondays - Friday 9.00am – 5:00pm
||1-3 students (one fee)
The school is closed from Monday 19th December 2022 until Monday 2nd January 2023 for Christmas.
The school is also closed on the following public holidays in 2023:
Friday 7th April, Monday 10th April, Monday 1st May, Monday 29th May, Monday 28th August
Care & Support for 5 to 11 Year Olds
At Lexis we put the safety and security of your child first.
Very young students (aged 5-11) can only be taught in closed groups (maximum 3 students) or private lessons and must be chaperoned by their parents/ guardians/ grandparents.
There is no supervision outside class times and so 5-11 year olds must be accompanied to/from the school by their parents/ guardians/ grandparents.
Trained first aiders are present all the time on the school premises.
Parents or guardians can arrange to speak to the Welfare Officer during normal school hours (9:00am – 5:00pm) to discuss any problems.
For more details please see the following links to our policies:
The perfect course for:
- Ambitious professionals wishing to improve their career prospects in the UK or in their home country
- Dedicated students planning to study at an English-speaking university, college or international business school
- Cambridge FCE (First Certificate in English), CAE (Cambridge Advanced English) or IELTS exam preparation
- Adventurous explorers needing to perfect the essential English they need to travel the world
All Private English courses cover:
- Reading, writing, listening & speaking
- Vocabulary, grammar & pronunciation
- Real English for real situations at work, at school/ university or for travel
Possible study topics include the following (can be arranged on demand):
- FCE, CAE & IELTS Exam preparation
- English for Business
- English for Medicine
- English for Hospitality and Tourism
- English for Academic Purposes
|minimum booking 10 hours
||£60 per hour
COURSE FEES INCLUDE:
- Free access to our online self-study platform
- Individual needs analysis
- Weekly reviews
- Regular progress checks
- Opportunity for self-study
- Regular reviews, tutorials & progress tests
- Advice & help to register for Cambridge English, IELTS exams & UK university entrance
- Regular social activities - please contact the school office to request a sample
- Please note: Some social activities are free or included in your course fees. For other social activities, there are additional fees that you will have to pay for. Please click here to view the approximate cost of leisure activities in London. https://www.lexislondon.com/what-we-offer/before-you-arrive
- Please note: Exam fees are not included in the course fees.
- Please note: students requiring a visa and only booking private English classes need to book a minimum 15 hours per week private English classes.
|You can book to take the following Cambridge exams when registering or after creating an online Lexis account:
|B1 Preliminary, formerly known as Cambridge English Preliminary (PET)
|B2 First, formerly known as Cambridge English First (FCE)
|C1 Advanced, formerly known as Cambridge Advanced (CAE)
|We advise you on dates and procedures and register you by the given deadlines.
|Exam Fees from £150
You will be given the opportunity to practise your exam skills during our regular mock exams.
Mock exam dates are released monthly for the month ahead.
IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
|As a Cambridge exam preparation centre Lexis prepares you for the IELTS exam, however we are unable to register you for it.
|Advice on how to register is given. Please ask in reception
|Exam Fees from £175
Registration fee: £20 (Part time) or £50 (if booked as a Full time course)
Please note: students requiring a visa and only booking private English classes need to book a minimum 15 hours per week private English classes.
The registration fee includes:
- Needs analysis
- Advice on exam preparation
- End of course certificate
- Complete a registration form, sign and date the school’s terms and conditions
- Registration Fees per person, payable only on new bookings. Course Fees per booking. All courses and fees are strictly non transferable. All courses must be booked & paid for in advance
- Private classes can be booked in bundles (10/20/30/40/50); minimum bundle 10 hours. Each lesson is 60 min long
- British Council regulations require a copy of your passport; including your contact details in the UK. It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes immediately. We will also request a passport sized photo
- 1½ hour lessons or longer normally include a short break of approximately 5 minutes every 45 minutes; to be agreed between teacher and student/s at the start of the course
- If you wish to re-schedule a lesson, please notify the school office as early as possible, giving at least 24 hours notice between 9am & 5pm Mon to Fri 020 8346 9802, firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you wish to cancel, change or postpone your booking 10 working days or more before the start of your course, we will refund your course fees; less the registration fee paid (£20)
- If you wish to cancel, change or postpone your booking and you give us less than 10 working days notice before the start of your course, we will deduct 20% of the total fees payable plus 2 hours’ tuition fees
- No refunds are available should you wish to cancel your course after its commencement
- Course extensions will only be given for absence of 5 consecutive days or more due to illness by providing a UK doctor’s certificate
- Payment Details - Sterling (GBP £) Payment must include all ban transfer charges and bank administration fees
Extended T&C’s for overseas bookings
Account Name: Lexis London Ltd HSBC Bank plc North Finchley London N12 8JX
Sort Code: 40-05-07 Account Number: 91344366
IBAN: GB37 HBUK 400507 91344366 BIC11 (Branch): HBUK GB 4141 M BIC8 (Bank): HBUKGB4B
Lexis School of English has partnered with Flywire to make your international payments safe and easy.
Flywire allows you to pay from almost any country and currency by bank transfer, credit card and other local payment methods.
To make your payment go to lexislondon.flywire.com. For help go to https://www.flywire.com/help
- If you have to cancel, change or postpone your booking because of a visa refusal, we will refund your fees in full, except for a £150 administration charge
- Official documentation - original or PDF Home Office or British Embassy visa refusal letter must be received by the school Director at least 5 working days before the start of your course
- No extensions will be given if you have to travel back to your home country for any reason. Please see section 15 of our Full Time Course T&C’s, which provides information on insurance cover you should consider
All students must abide by the above terms and conditions