English for local students
We believe people should learn more about the world. Making friends from other countries, understanding new cultures and learning English will give you many opportunities, enrich your life and ultimately make the world more peaceful and productive.
Our qualified, experienced, expert English teachers can help you to speak better English. We guarantee that our Full Time English course will provide you with the confidence to communicate effortlessly whilst enjoying the London experience.
Part-time morning EnglishBook this course
This is a part time course for busy people who cannot attend class every day. You will be listening to, practising and speaking English every day in class. You will be able to work part time, which is also a great way to improve your English. You will also have plenty of time to explore London in your free time and other parts of the UK at the weekends.
|Age of students||16+|
|Language level||Beginners to Advanced|
|Course times||Monday to Friday, 9.30am – 12:45pm (mornings)
6 or 9 hours per week, 3 hours per day
|Maximal class size||
Average 10 students, Maximum 16 students.* You may share your class with other Part Time and Full Time students.
* In exceptional circumstances, there may occasionally be 17 students in a class for a maximum of two days.
|Course Dates||All year round (Subject to availability)|
|Course length||6, 12, 24, 36 week courses|
The school is closed from Monday 23rd December 2019 until Friday 3rd January 2020 for Christmas.
The school is also closed on the following public holidays in 2020:
Friday 10th April, Monday 13th April, Friday 8th May, Monday 25th May, Monday 31st August
You can take a maximum of two weeks’ holiday for every 12 consecutive weeks you are at the school and you must give 2 weeks' notice.
We advise you not to take holidays during an examination course
Full Time English students and Part Time English students are integrated into the same classes.
Important: 16 and 17 year olds require parental/guardian permission.
The perfect course for:
- Busy people wishing to improve their English while working in London
- Students planning to pass the Cambridge FCE (First Certificate in English), CAE (Cambridge Advanced English) or IELTS exam
- Students planning to study at an English-speaking university or college
The Part-time morning English course covers:
- Reading, writing, listening & speaking
- Vocabulary, grammar & pronunciation
- Real English for real situations at work, at school/ university or for travel
- General English (all levels)*
- Exam Preparation (Cambridge First Certificate, Cambridge Advanced English, IELTS)*
*subject to availability, minimum student numbers required
|No. of days/ hours per week||6 weeks||12 weeks||24 weeks||36 weeks|
|2 mornings per week (6 hours)||£196||£360||£648||£864|
|3 mornings per week (9 hours)||£294||£540||£972||£1296|
|4 mornings per week (12 hours)||£392||£720||£1296||£1728|
The course fees include:
- 2, 3 or 4 mornings per week
- Time for private study at Lexis or free time to explore London in the afternoons
- Reviews, tutorials & tests every 3 weeks
- Individual & group needs analysis
- Regular progress checks
- Advice & help to register for Cambridge English, IELTS exams & UK university entrance
Please note: Some social activities are free or included in your course fees. For other social activities, there are additional fees that you will have to pay for. Please click here to view the approximate cost of leisure activities in London. https://www.lexislondon.com/what-we-offer/before-you-arrive
Please note: Exam fees are not included in the course fees.
Registration fee: £20
The registration fee includes:
- Help to choose the right course
- Advice on exam registration
- Free trial & level assessment
- End of course certificate
|You can book to take the following Cambridge exams when registering or after creating an online Lexis account:|
|B1 Preliminary, formerly known as Cambridge English Preliminary (PET)|
|B2 First, formerly known as Cambridge English First (FCE)|
|C1 Advanced, formerly known as Cambridge Advanced (CAE)|
|We advise you on dates and procedures and register you by the given deadlines.|
|Exam Fees from £150|
You will be given the opportunity to practise your exam skills during our regular mock exams.
Mock exam dates are released monthly for the month ahead.
IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
|As a Cambridge exam preparation centre Lexis prepares you for the IELTS exam, however we are unable to register you for it.|
|Advice on how to register is given. Please ask in reception|
|Exam Fees from £175|